Johnnie May McDonald- Salad Station Blog Contributor
Summer is in full swing and so are our oh-so-busy summer schedules. This means long days by the pool and jam-packed summer schedules filled with family activities. It is easy to forget to make sure we’re getting the proper nutrition and water intake. Salad Station is your new bff for filling up without feeling weighed down and staying healthy on the go.
HEALTHY SUMMER HABITS
Maintaining your health during summer has to become a habit. The more you do it, the easier it will become and the more you’ll enjoy it. Here are a few tips for creating healthy summer habits that can fit into your daily routine.
Stay hydrated by drinking water first thing in the morning. Keep a cute insulated water bottle near at all times. You’re more likely to drink water if it is in your eyesight and arm’s reach.
Go outside. Take evening walks, morning bike rides, or midday swims. Trips to the zoo, aquarium, park, or splash pad are perfect for the kids. You’ll be amazed at how much better you’ll feel when the sun hits your skin.
Skip the fast-food lines and opt for fruits and veggies. After a little while in the sun you’d be surprised at how famished you and the kids may feel. Skip the drive-through line and fuel your bodies with fresh fruits and veggies. Salad Station is the perfect place. Wake up your senses and fuel without feeling weighed down at Salad Station.
FUN SUMMER ACTIVITIES
1. Water parks & Splash Pads are the perfect ways to cool down and have fun. Pack up the family and your cutest swimmies and head to your nearest water park. Instead of going through the hassle of packing snacks and trying to keep them from spoiling in the summer sun, stop by Salad Station. There’s something for everyone!
2. Backyard camping! How fun it is to go camping…. Without leaving home! Grab your camping gear and camp out in the backyard. This is the perfect time to stargaze and tell stories as well.
3. Picnics are perfect for a warm summer evening with friends and family. Not sure what to pack? Swing by Salad Station for yummy fresh wraps, salads, and fruit. This will simplify your picnic and help you avoid preparing and hauling snacks.
4. Road Trips can be so much fun! Visiting a new place with the people you love is an enriching experience. Pick a place no one has been or maybe a family favorite and explore the location to the fullest.
5. Staycation. These are always so much fun, especially when you’re short on getaway time. Choose a cool Airbnb or Condo to rent and hang out with your family or friends. While heading out, don’t forget to swing by Salad Station for fun lemonades or wraps to keep everyone satisfied.
Summer activities don’t have to be elaborate or costly. Try scavenger hunts, gardening, chalk drawing, or family walks. The most important thing to remember is to get outside with those you love. While planning your family summer fun, let Salad Station help you stay healthy and refueled! Swing by your local Salad Station for yummy wraps, salads, lemonades, and much more! Hope to see you there soon!